Having worked in community development, regeneration and several other roles, I have experience of various facilitation techniques.
These techniques include:
- Action Learning Sets
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Facilitating conference workshops
- Focus Groups
- Forum Theatre
- Participatory Appraisal
- Planning for Real
- World Café
Examples of past and recent facilitation work include:
- Appreciative Inquiry events and liaison between care homes and local authorities on behalf of My Home Life – a UK-wide collaborative initiative aimed at promoting quality of life in care homes.
- Bringing together diverse stake-holder groups – e.g. local authority, NHS trusts, police and voluntary sector as part of Neighbourhood Renewal and community engagement.
- Conference Workshops and masterclasses at DSC including charityfair, Winterfair, Managementfair and Charity Accountants Conference etc.
- Creative consultation workshops with youth groups
- Drama workshops (including the use of Forum Theatre with a group of people with mental health issues) to encourage social inclusion.
- Sexual health and mental health programmes and sessions on self-management for those living with long-term medical conditions.
- Team-building away-days and strategic planning sessions
- Workshops/events to engage hard-to-reach communities, including a week-long primary school project using photography and model-making.